I am a paralegal in the Dispute Resolution Team, with many years’ experience specialising in civil litigation and insolvency.
I advise clients on debt collection, contractual disputes and contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters within the civil courts. I pride myself in providing clients with advice with an easy to understand, plain English approach - which is tailored to suit the requirements of each individual client.
With previous experience in litigation, dispute resolution and insolvency, I can assist clients with the following:
- Drafting and filing appointment documents for administrators for both director and QFC appointments;
- Drafting and filing statutory demands and bankruptcy petitions;
- Advising on validity of administrators and liquidators appointments;
- Advising on debt recovery generally as well as during the course of insolvency;
- Advising employment agencies in both IT and medical sectors and companies in the private care sector on debt recovery and claims under their terms and conditions;
- Assisting in advising both claimants and defendants in antecedent transaction claims in insolvency proceedings;
- Assisting potential bankrupts on defending bankruptcy hearings;
- Assisting clients on directors and shareholder disputes; and
- Negotiating settlements of claims and potential claims.
In my spare time, I enjoy cooking and baking - especially when using ingredients from my own garden. I also enjoy touring the UK in my campervan accompanied by my husband and two rescue dogs. As a grandmother, I also enjoy being able to put my knitting talents to good use.