Job title: Will Writer
Team: Private Client
Reporting to: Managing Associate
Flexibility: Occasional travel to other UK offices
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
As well as providing first class legal services, Ince Metcalfes also offers a wealth of professional services and advice to clients including accounting, financial services, consulting, and pension advice. Ince Metcalfes is part of The Ince Group.
About The Ince Group plc
The Ince Group is a dynamic international legal and professional services business with offices in seven countries across Europe, Asia and the Middle East. With over 900 people, including over 100 partners worldwide. The Ince Group delivers legal advice, strategic guidance and business solutions to clients ranging from the world’s oldest and biggest businesses operating across numerous industries to ultra-high net worth individuals. Through its entrepreneurial culture and “one firm” approach, the business offers its clients over 150 years of experience, insight and relationships. The Group is driven by a unique team of passionate people whose broad expertise and deep sector specialisms provide their clients with solutions to all their complex legal and strategic needs.
After a period of significant growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join us as a Will Writer where you will have the opportunity to provide exceptional levels of support to a successful team. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work with our impressive and diverse Legal Teams that have proven themselves to be fast-paced, dynamic and have delivered excellent results.
- Exercising high standards of client care in a professional manner at all times
- Interviewing clients, taking instructions, keeping detailed file notes of instructions
- Maintaining file checklists, opening files and issuing client care letters and closing files
- Drafting and submitting suitable Wills in accordance with our STEP Protocol
- Preparing suitable Lasting Powers of Attorney and accompanying forms
- Registering Lasting Powers of Attorney on behalf of clients
- Advising clients on progress of matters and completing matters on schedule
- Checking draft documents and arranging storage of original documents
- Ensuring formalities for signing documents are complied with
- Dealing with email, letter, fax and telephone communications promptly
- Maintaining an adequate and up-to-date knowledge of the law and practice
- Complying with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules and the SRA Code of Conduct
- Ensuring good working relationships with external institutions and organisations
- Obtaining payment on account from clients and preparing bills;
- Requesting transfer of money between client and office accounts;
- Referring amendments to cheques and bills to Partners for approval and dealing with the formalities for such amendment;
- Exceptional communication, presentation and problem solving skills, both verbal and written, with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with all whom you interact.
- Proven multi-tasker, who can demonstrate the ongoing use of initiative.
- Team player but self-motivated and able to work autonomously and pro-actively.
- Used to delivering against short deadlines, accurately with a proven ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Able to demonstrate experience liaising pro-actively and professionally with third parties.
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills.
- We would expect you to demonstrate an understanding/awareness of good financial health, working capital and regular billing and refers matters as necessary in a timely fashion to a supervisor.
Please be aware that this role is only open to direct applications and any speculative applications from agencies will not be accepted.
Appointment is subject to the appropriate basic disclosure/DBS checks, and satisfactory references.