After a period of significant growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join us as a Residential Conveyancing Lawyer where you will have the chance to make an impact managing a team and helping to further grow and shape the Residential Conveyancing department. In addition to this you will have the opportunity to work with our impressive and diverse Legal Teams that have proven themselves to be fast-paced, dynamic and have delivered excellent results.
- You will be knowledgeable regarding CQS/Regulatory matters linked with Residential Conveyancing.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the client's aims and objectives, together with being able to interview and advise clients, helping them decide the best course of action.
- Able to demonstrate a level of competence in own area of law commensurate with PQE and able to identify the relevant legal issues applicable to a case or a transaction.
- Takes client calls professionally and produce / record effective telephone notes and conduct effective case management to progress client matters.
- To apply firm and departmental processes and procedures. This would include achieving agreed fee earning and caseload targets as set by the head of the team.
- Draft legal documents in plain language that is clear, concise and make best use of precedents including knowing how to save time and costs.
- Participate in business generation activities including Identifying and attending appropriate networking opportunities.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and problem solving skills, both verbal and written, with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability communicate professionally and respectfully with all whom you interact.
- Proven multi-tasker, who can demonstrate the ongoing use of initiative.
- Team player but self-motivated and able to work autonomously and pro-actively. We would expect you to play an active role within the team and support other team members during busy times.
- Used to delivering against short deadlines, accurately with a proven ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Able to demonstrate experience liaising pro-actively with third parties professionally
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills.
- We would expect you to demonstrate an understanding/awareness of good financial health, working capital and regular billing and refers matters as necessary in a timely fashion to a supervisor.
Please be aware that this role is only open to direct applications and any speculative applications from agencies will not be accepted.
Appointment is subject to the appropriate basic disclosure/DBS checks, and satisfactory references.