As well as providing first class legal services, Ince Metcalfes also offers a wealth of professional services and advice to clients including accounting, financial services, consulting, and pension advice.
After a period of significant growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join us as a Private Client solicitor, where you will have the chance to really make an impact and work with our impressive and diverse Legal Team that has proven itself to be fast-paced, dynamic and have delivered excellent results.
The successful candidate will be required to work across two office locations, with 3 days spent at the central Queen Square office of Ince Metcalfes and 2 days at Michael Kelly & Co in Hanham, Bristol with occasional travel to other UK offices reporting to Head of Team/Managing Associate.
Legal/technical ability as it relates to:
- preparation of Wills, including those creating IPDI, Vulnerable Persons and Discretionary Will Trusts
- estate administration, including complex, taxable estates, excepted estates and post-death disclaimers and variations
- foundation and administration of Trusts
- IHT, CGT and succession planning
- preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs) and the registration of LPAs and Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the client's aims and objectives, together with being able to interview and advise clients, helping them decide the best course of action.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of competence in the above aspects of Private Client work and able to identify the relevant legal issues applicable to a matter or a transaction.
- Taking client calls and meetings successfully and producing/recording effective telephone notes and attendance notes and conducting effective case and transaction management to progress client matters.
- To apply firm and departmental processes and procedures. This would include achieving agreed fee earning and caseload targets, as set by the head of the team.
- Drafting legal documents in plain language that is clear, concise and makes best use of precedents including knowing how to save time and costs.
- Participating in business generation activities including Identifying and attending appropriate networking opportunities
- Working with IFAs, brokers and accountants to ensure clients are given a fully considered approach to wealth management and succession planning
Knowledge and Experience:
- We believe this role would suit a solicitor with between 2 to 5 years PQE, with previous experience in a similar Private Client role, in order to fulfil the above responsibilities
- Exceptional communication, presentation and problem solving skills. Both verbal and written with excellent interpersonal skills, great attention to detail and an ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with clients and third parties with whom you interact.
- Proven multi-tasker, who can demonstrate the ongoing use of initiative.
- Team player but self-motivated and able to work autonomously and pro-actively. We would expect you to play an active role within the team and support other team members during busy times.
- Used to delivering against short deadlines, accurately and a proven ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Able to demonstrate experience, liaising pro-actively with third parties professionally
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills. We would expect you to demonstrate an understanding/awareness of good financial health, working capital and regular billing and refer matters as necessary in a timely fashion to a supervisor.
To apply for this role send your CV only to email@example.com stating your name and job title you’re applying for in the subject heading.
Please be aware that this role is only open to direct applications and any speculative applications from agencies will not be accepted.
Please note that upon successful appointment you may be subject to a DBS check. To ensure we are in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 could you please make us aware if you have any unspent convictions ahead as early in the process as possible.