The Residential Property Team is looking to recruit a Full Time Paralegal working in our Portishead office.
We are the legal and professional services firm of choice for ambitious individuals and organisations. A career with us opens up a world of possibility, we give staff the opportunity to prove themselves the moment they’re ready. All we ask in return is you do the best work of your life and live our culture of courtesy, integrity and respect every moment of every day.
Assisting a Solicitor within a dynamic firm, this role will be based in Portishead Bristol. It is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated candidate who is looking for a challenging new role in supporting key members of the firm.
You will be responsible for assisting a Fee Earner with their caseload and providing efficient assistance as well as undertaking chargeable work under supervision. Some experience in Residential Property is essential for this role. Support and training will be given to the successful applicant.
- Provides support by working closely with fee earners and assisting on files
- Undertaking chargeable work under supervision including dealing with third parties
- Responding to correspondence as directed
- Maintains a good awareness on progress of case matters
- Attending client meetings
- Proactively dealing with client queries via email or telephone
- Works autonomously by carrying out research on PLC/LexisNexis and presenting findings
- Sitting in on conference calls taking notes and preparing attendance notes
- Undertaking KYC in line with the firms Anti-Money Laundering and other file opening procedures
- General administration duties, handling correspondence, scanning and file preparation
- Law degree
- LPC desirable but not essential
- Experience working in a similar role in residential property
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills
- Team player but self-motivated and able to work autonomously
Job Type: Full-time
- Paralegal: 1 year (Preferred)
How to apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st December 2018.
Gordon Dadds Group Solicitors (Metcalfes) Limited actively supports the principle of Equal Opportunities in employment and is committed to ensuring that individuals are treated fairly, with respect and are valued. The sole criterion for selection or promotion in the company is the suitability of any applicant for the job.
Please see our careers page on our website for our privacy notice or click on the following link:
Please note that if you are shortlisted for the role your CV will be kept on file for 6 months. This is to ensure that you are considered for any further appropriate roles which arise during this time. If you do not wish your CV to be retained for this period please let us know when submitting your CV. To view a copy of our Privacy Notice please see here.