As well as providing first class legal services, Ince Metcalfes also offers a wealth of professional services and advice to clients. We have an exciting opportunity, assisting a team within a dynamic, expanding law and professional services firm in Portishead. We require a dedicated candidate who is looking for a challenging new role in supporting key members of the firm.
We are looking for someone who is a team player and will ensure the confidentiality of all client documentation and information.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience in a legal secretarial role is required
- Able to demonstrate experience in liaising pro-actively with fee earners and third parties
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience in liaising with corporate clients and contacts
- Experienced user of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills to manage own workload
- Team player but self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Preparing correspondence and documents through digital dictation and word processing
- General administration duties including, daily filing and opening and closing of files including storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual
- Formatting Wills, LPAs, Deeds and other legal documents
- Amending tracked change documents
- Dealing with clients over the phone and updating them on matters where required
- Assisting other secretaries within the Company when you have the capacity
- Setting up new entities and matters
- Carrying out Smartsearches and Land Registry Searches
- Photocopying and scanning of documents
- Creating Bibles of Documents
- Booking meetings on behalf of fee earners
- Arranging couriers through Reception
- Sorting and distributing post where applicable
- Dealing with other adhoc duties as required by a busy legal department
To apply for this role send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name and job title you’re applying for in the subject heading.
Please be aware that this role is only open to direct applications and any speculative applications from agencies will not be accepted.
Please note that upon successful appointment you may be subject to a DBS check. To ensure we are in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 could you please make us aware if you have any unspent convictions ahead as early in the process as possible.