As well as providing first class legal services, Ince Metcalfes also offers a wealth of professional services and advice to clients including accounting, financial services, consulting, and pension advice.
After a period of significant growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join us as a Dispute Resolution/Employment Lawyer where you will have the chance to really make an impact and work with our impressive and diverse Legal Teams that have proven themselves to be fast-paced, dynamic and have delivered excellent results.
- Legal/technical ability as it relates to employment, both contentious and non-contentious;
- Legal/technical ability as it relates to dispute resolution, mainly focussing on contractual disputes, debt recovery and property litigation;
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the client's aims and objectives, together with being able to interview and advise clients, helping them decide the best course of action;
- Able to demonstrate a level of competence in own area of law commensurate with PQE and able to identify the relevant legal issues applicable to a case or a transaction;
- Takes client calls professionally and produce / record effective telephone notes and conduct effective case management to progress client matters.
- To apply firm and departmental processes and procedures. This would include achieving agreed fee earning and caseload targets as set by the head of the team.
- Draft legal documents in plain language that is clear, concise and make best use of precedents including knowing how to save time and costs.
- Participate in business generation activities including Identifying and attending appropriate networking opportunities
- Flexibility with occasional travel to other UK offices.
- 2 to 3 years' PQE
- Exceptional communication, presentation and problem solving skills. Both verbal and written with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability communicate professionally and respectfully with all you interact with.
- Proven multi-tasker, who can demonstrate the ongoing use of initiative.
- Team player but self-motivated and able to work autonomously and pro-actively. We would expect you to plays an active role within the team and supports other team members during busy times.
- Used to delivering against short deadlines, accurately and a proven ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Able to demonstrate experience liaising pro-actively with third parties professionally
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills. We would expect you to demonstrate an understanding/awareness of good financial health, working capital and regular billing and refers matters as necessary in a timely fashion to a supervisor.
How to apply
To apply for this role please send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name and job title you’re applying for in the subject heading.
Please be aware that this role is only open to direct applications and any speculative applications from agencies will not be accepted.
Appointment is subject to the appropriate basic disclosure/DBS checks, and satisfactory references.