As well as providing first class legal services, Ince Metcalfes also offers a wealth of professional services and advice to clients including accounting, financial services, consulting, and pension advice.
After a period of significant growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join us as a Commercial Property Lawyer where you will have the chance to really make an impact and work with our impressive and diverse Legal Team that has proven itself to be fast-paced, dynamic and have delivered excellent results.
- Legal/technical ability as it relates to commercial property and the conveyancing process particularly as applied to acquisitions, disposals and leases of commercial land and buildings
- Able to demonstrate a basic understanding of the client's aims and objectives, together with being able to interview and advise clients, helping them decide the best course of action.
- Able to demonstrate a basic level of competence in own area of law and able to identify the relevant legal issues applicable to a case or a transaction.
- Able to advise clients on basic commercial property matters, escalating where necessary
- Takes client calls successfully and produce / record effective telephone notes and conduct effective case and transaction management to progress client matters.
- To apply firm and departmental processes and procedures. This would include achieving agreed fee earning and caseload targets as set by the head of the team.
- Draft legal documents in plain language that is clear, concise and make best use of precedents including knowing how to save time and costs.
- Participate in business generation activities including Identifying and attending appropriate networking opportunities
Knowledge and Experience:
- We believe this role would suit a newly qualified solicitor with at least one seat in commercial property with an interest in this area (NQ to 1 year PQE)
- Ideally be either a qualified CILEX, Licenced Conveyancer or Solicitor
- Exceptional communication, presentation and problem solving skills. Both verbal and written with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability communicate professionally and respectfully with all you interact with.
- Proven multi-tasker, who can demonstrate the ongoing use of initiative.
- Team player but self-motivated and able to work autonomously and pro-actively. We would expect you to plays an active role within the team and supports other team members during busy times.
- Used to delivering against short deadlines, accurately and a proven ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Able to demonstrate experience liaising pro-actively with third parties professionally
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills. We would expect you to demonstrate an understanding/awareness of good financial health, working capital and regular billing and refers matters as necessary in a timely fashion to a supervisor.
How to apply
To apply for this role please send your CV only to email@example.com stating your name and job title you’re applying for in the subject heading.
Please be aware that this role is only open to direct applications and any speculative applications from agencies will not be accepted.
Please note that upon successful appointment you may be subject to a DBS check. To ensure we are in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 could you please make us aware if you have any unspent convictions ahead as early in the process as possible.