Shop Local - The importance of choosing a local conveyancing solicitor when moving homeJune 05, 2017
More and more people are choosing to shop local to support their communities and independent businesses. But there are many good reasons why you should think about shopping on your doorstep when it comes to professional services.
1. A conveyancer’s local knowledge of the area in which you wish to sell or buy is always something that will prove to be considerably beneficial. They will have an invaluable knowledge of the local property market, including the set up of newly built and recent developments.
2. Even more so, they will be able to call upon their experience and recent property transactions, avoiding delays and costs to you. This may be very important if you have any exchange or completion deadlines.
3. Using a solicitor close to your home or work makes it a lot easier to drop off or collect documents and to verify your ID for money laundering purposes.
4. If the property you are selling/buying is not straightforward and, for example, requires altering existing boundaries, creating or removing rights of way or dividing a property, then it is most certainly prudent and beneficial to instruct a solicitor that is local and able to easily visit the property.
5. The benefit of being able to have a face-to-face meeting if something requires explanation, especially when it involves having to refer to plans or documents. There may be times when you don’t feel confident with the terminology and you want to ask questions in person.
6. The benefit of a personal service where you can build a relationship with your lawyer and they can better understand your needs.
7. If you choose to sell or buy privately, or with an online estate agent, we can oversee the handover of keys on your behalf on the moving date. Don’t be afraid to ask your estate agent or mortgage broker which local solicitor they would recommend on their dealings with them. Be a bit wary if they recommend a nonlocal conveyancing company as this may be more to do with the commission that they receive than what is in your best interests.
“ Thank you for such a pleasant and easy transaction. I will certainly be recommending you and wouldn’t hesitate to use your services when I’m in a position to buy again. ” Conveyancing Client.
At Burroughs Day, we can ensure that your transaction will progress as quickly as possible, but also have the traditional benefits of being on the local high street to give a convenient, personal service.
Due to the size of our firm and number of transactions undertaken we are on all the high street mortgage lenders panels. This means we’re also able to act in the financial aspect of the transaction, so you can be assured from the outset there will be no delays further along the transaction when you choose your mortgage provider, by not having to outsource that work to a different law firm.
We are also open on Saturdays, if you are unable to visit our office in the working week. Plus, we do not close or put on a telephone answering service during lunch breaks as we appreciate this may be the only time you can talk to us. On your moving day, your removal company will want to unpack you as soon as possible, so the sooner you are given confirmation that you can collect keys the better.