At Metcalfes we offer property services for all business clients, ranging from supporting commercial developers to assisting large and small to medium enterprises looking for a new office location.
Whatever your situation our commercial property lawyers will be able to support and advise you on the next steps to take.
Common commercial property needs
Most businesses will have property requirements; these vary between businesses but tend to include one of the following:
- A licence to occupy
- A lease or tenancy agreement
- Purchase of a property
Why do I need a solicitor to help me?
- We can explain the difference between the various types of document that you may be offered and advise you on your rights and obligations. We may be able to obtain beneficial changes to the proposed document and help you avoid pitfalls.
- The law relating to landlord and tenant is technical and detailed. We will explain it clearly and answer your questions. Our aim is to help you achieve a satisfactory legal outcome for your property needs.
- Property requirements and their documentation vary widely. In addition, there may be planning, environmental or other aspects to consider. Depending on the requirements of the particular case, we may need to carry out searches, make enquiries or deal with the landlord’s solicitors on your behalf.
- It is often the case that a Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) Return must be made to HMRC. We can prepare the document for you and advise you of the tax payable (if any).
- Where necessary, we will register the lease at the Land Registry for you.